Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Not everything works


For the longest time I looked for a small inexpensive 'sound box' something that I could get 30 of  fairly easily. A search online led me to sites that would supply small wooden boxes but only if I ordered a thousand. Then one Saturday lunchtime we had sardines on toast for lunch. I was washing out the tin when I thought that the tin just needed a cover (preferably wood) and I would have a cheap sound container.




After washing out the tins carefully (no one wants a smelly kalimba right?) I got hold of sheets of birch laminate. The type that has adhesive on the back. I was able to use the point of an iron to heat/glue the wood into place. A hole was drilled, dowels were glued in place, tines were fixed …… and then, and then ……. nothing. 



The tone was awful … kind of tinny - excuse the pun. I guess there wasn't enough space in the tin for the sound. Anyway, goes to show not all things work. A phrase comes to mind …. "He who can't make a mistake, can't make anything." Yeah, let's go with that, 'cos I make lot's of mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment